Sunday, August 5, 2012

Aug 4, 2012 Informal Lughnassadh

I chose to do an informal ritual for Lughnassadh this year.

I made a playlist of pagan songs in the general order they would appear in liturgy. It was a mix of ADF songs and chants with other generic pagan and some Wiccan songs and chants. I turned on the playlist, lit the candles on my altar to "spirits of fire come to us, we will kindle the fire", and made offerings of incense, corn meal, oats and whiskey to the gods, spirits and ancestors, and Lugh specifically. I took an omen, receiving the Five of Earth: Insecurity, Six of Water: Pleasure, and IX the Hermit. I was initially going to make more offerings and ask for a replacement blessing for Insecurity, but realized that it's actually a piece of advice, that I've been doing a lot of shopping lately, and I should really keep myself in check or I'm inviting disaster. I accept that advice as a blessing. And I decided to spend some money on things I can use productively, like jewelry making supplies, rather than only on things I don't need like earrings and gloves and more clothes.

I let the incense burn down and put out the candles when the playlist was over. I didn't invoke anyone before I made offerings, so I didn't have to dismiss anyone. That was it, just a kind of devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment